1. Before beginning a counselling session make sure you will not be interrupted. Make it clear to the employee what time you have available to discuss their problem on this occasion.
1. Make sure you treat the request for holiday fairly and sympathetically using a consistent approach.
1. Does each job have a job specification prepared prior to recruitment, which is consistent with the requirements of the job?2. Are there any potentially discriminatory criteria, i.e. position full time; limits
1. Have you taken the complaint seriously and treated it sensitively and tactfully? Do not dismiss complaints because you think they are trivial (it may be the last straw) or because
1. If you are a large organisation, conducting an audit voluntarily, have you considered the scope of your audit? Do you want to carry out a full equal pay audit (all
Create an age profile of your organisation to highlight any potential areas of risk. Investigate the possible causes for any age groups who are under represented across the company,