In this podcast Ciara Duggan and Sana Nahas members of the employment team at Clarkslegal will guide you through the tricky topic of redundancy and settlement agreements, covering what redundancy means for both employers and employees, as well as how settlement agreements work in practise.
- What is a redundancy ?
- What rights does an employee have if they are made redundant?
- What is a settlement agreement?
- What is a protected conversation?
- What does without prejudice mean?
- What are the differences between redundancy and settlement agreements?
- How is a settlement agreement negotiated?
- What must an employer include in a settlement agreement?
- Are payments in settlement agreements taxable?
- Confidentiality clauses in a settlement agreement
- What are other standard terms found in settlement agreements?
- Time an employee should be given to consider a settlement agreement
If you have any questions about anything we have discussed or need help with drafting or negotiating a settlement agreement, our experienced employment team would be more than happy to advise.